It is exciting to get an anniversary card or greetings from the White House. This is especially possible if you are a couple who is celebrating 50 years and above of marriage. It also applies to newlyweds, and these two can receive an anniversary greeting or congratulatory card from the White House.
The White House normally sends the card to you or directly to your spouse to make it even more remarkable. Nonetheless, the White House sets a limit on the number of request it processes per day, and only offers the same to U.S. citizens.
This therefore means that you have to send the request way in advance. It is best that you send it several months early or at least six weeks before the anniversary in order to have some assurance on the request being processed. The White House however gives greeting when they are not able to honour the timelines for the cards.
You can submit your request for a card as follows:
- Send the request to the office of the U.S. Representative or U.S. Senators in your area and specify it as “Constituents Services” while applying for Presidential greetings on the website. You can also send an email to your senator through their web email form
- You can apply through the White House Correspondence Office and use the fax number which is specified as – 1-202-456-2461.
- You can further write to the White House and address the letter to: The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, D.C. 20500. It will be quicker if you particularly send the letter to the Greetings Office at the White House.
In addition, the application needs to contain the following details:
- The recipient of the greetings
- The recipient’s address
- The title and name of the addressee
- The date of the wedding anniversary
- The number of years the couple is celebrating
- The details of the applicants such as name and phone number
The White House normally sends the anniversary card or greetings 10 days to the date of the event, or after the wedding for newlyweds. Still, there is no guarantee that you will receive a card or congratulation message.